Ravenhall Correctional Centre, VIC
The new medium-security men’s prison at Ravenhall in Melbourne’s west was built to accommodate 1,300 prisoners.
The Ravenhall Correctional Centre was delivered as a full service Public Private Partnership (PPP), with the GEO Consortium being responsible for the design, construction, financing, maintenance, and operation of the facility over 25 years.
UT Consulting delivered the AV and ICT technology design for the entire Ravenhall Correctional Centre. Our work included completing the design, tender procurement, and project management for the $670m facility’s technology packages.
To ensure the Ravenhall Correctional Centre aligned with best-practice rehabilitation and services, UT oversaw the delivery of the following key packages:
- Advanced audio visual systems including video conferencing, building systems integration, and security systems integration
- Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) for streaming
- Interactive information kiosks
- Advanced prisoner rehabilitation with audio visual sensory rooms
- Design of TeleHealth and TeleCourt systems to meet the Victorian Department of Justice and Regulations (DJR) standards
- Interactive educational and learning systems for prisoners