Royal Children’s Hospital Redevelopment
The new Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, Victoria is a 120,000 square meter facility with 370+ beds. UT Consulting were the engaged as the State ICT Consultant. The role includes providing the design and advisory role for the selection of voice and data infrastructure, systems integration, audio visual, telemedicine, multimedia and communications systems.
Our role in the project included:
- Responsibility for the preparation of the Technical Briefs for all ICT, Communications and audio visual systems for issue to PPP bidders.
- Conducting ICT and audio visual workshops to gather clinical and operational requirements.
- Providing advice for ICT and communications systems equipment grouping and budgets.
- Preparing spatial allowances and service requirements for Data Centre, all communications rooms, cabling pathways and carrier links.
- Coordinating closely with MCRI (Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Research partner) to gather and incorporate ICT requirements.
- Coordinating ICT requirements with project partners (Ronald McDonald House, Allied Health, The University of Melbourne)
- Preparing high level scope and strategy for ICT transition.
- Preparing ICT technical specification for RCH and partners.