Sunshine Coast University Hospital
The Sunshine Coast University Hospital was commissioned to drastically advance health care on the Sunshine Coast by offering new and expanded services.
UT Consulting was appointed by the Queensland Department of Health to act as their Technology consultant and quality assurance advisor on the project. Our engagement involved providing assurance and specialist advice regarding all communications, audio visual, and information technology systems.
During the project UT Consulting oversaw the design and development of all SCUH IT infrastructure and communications to ensure compliance with State and User requirements. Our involvement on the project contributed to an award-winning $15 million-dollar AV system resulting in rich technology spaces including Simulation Labs, lecture theatres, and a 350-seat auditorium to train staff and students to be the health workforce of the future.
One of the standout features of the hospital was the hybrid operating theatre, the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere. The Angio/CT hybrid theatre is a cross between procedure lab and operating theatre, which contains a dedicated AV solution to support procedural operations and requirements. We were delighted to receive the Best Project Award at the 2017 AVT Summit upon completion of the project.
Our involvement saw out team complete the following:
- Supplement team with an experienced project manager with relevant PPP experience in managing the integration and planning of ICT for the above project
- Issue of advice focusing on ICT integration between systems, planning of ICT with the construction program, and general program issues management.
- Supply Queensland Health with an EOI process to select a Systems Integrator
- Oversee the SCUH ICT system capabilities and offer advice, review submissions, and participate in ongoing coordination and governance meetings.
- Assess whether the Systems Integrator is meeting their deliverables and ensure the State receives an optimally designed hospital system.