The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
The VCCC building is the new home for the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The facility also provides new cancer-related research space and clinical facilities for Melbourne Health and new cancer-related research and education facilities for The University of Melbourne.
The VCCC has been designed to save lives through the integration of cancer research, education, and patient care. Through innovation and collaboration, the state of the art facility will drive the next generation of improvements in the prevention, detection, and treatment of cancer.
Across 130,000 square meters, the site includes 160 overnight inpatient cancer beds, a 42 bed ICU, 110 same day beds, and a clinical trials unit. Eight operating theatres, two treatment rooms, and eight radiotherapy bunkers are also part of the site. Additionally, 25,000 square meters is allocated to research, education, and training facilities integrated into the existing hospital.
UT Consulting were engaged by the Department of Health to prepare the Project Brief and technical specifications for all ICT, communications and audio visual technology. We undertook the role as ICT Technical Advisor, to ensure the PPP consortium and Managing Contractor for the RMH works implements the specifications.
Our role in the project included:
- Preparation of the Technical Brief for all ICT, Communications and Audio Visual Systems for issue to bidders.
- Conducting ICT and Audio Visual workshops to gather Clinical and Operational requirements.
- Providing advice for ICT and Communications systems equipment grouping and budgets
- Prepared spatial allowances and service requirements for Data Centre, all communications rooms, cabling pathways and Carrier links.
- Coordinating requirements for all interfaces between ICT and Engineering Services
- Close coordination of ICT infrastructure with the State’s ICT Department (HealthSmart)
- Close coordination with the six project partners to gather and incorporate ICT requirements
- Reviewing all PPP Co. and Managing Contractor Designs
- Review of PPP bidder proposals
- Preparation ICT Technical Specification for project partner requirements